News Express24

site logo
Breaking News

‘Lakhwad’ will end the ‘big problem’ of water of 6 states, this project started by Modi Government

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp

28 Aug : New Delhi : News Express 24 :-

Union Minister Nitin Gadkari today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Chief Ministers of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi for the construction of multi-purpose Lakhwad project near Yamunna near Dehradun. This project will generate 300 MW electricity, irrigation system will be available for 33,780 hectares and 78.83 MCM of water will be available.

The problem of water in these states will be far away

After signing the MoU, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Conservation Minister Nitin Gadkari told reporters that the Lakhwad project is being started between six states and it is very useful for these states in terms of water. When there is a problem of water scarcity in Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh during January to May, this project will help in reducing water problem at such a time.

Delhi’s water problem will end by 2025

He said that this is expected to increase the storage capacity of Yamuna by 65 percent. When Uttarakhand will generate electricity, its water will come in Yamuna at that time. This will not be the problem of water in Delhi for 2025 years. The cities of Rajasthan and Haryana on the banks of river Yamuna, will also help to overcome the problem of water. In cities like Mathura, Agra in Uttar Pradesh, it will help to overcome the problem of water.

Project approval was received in 1976
Gadkari said that this project was approved in 1976 and 30 percent of the work was done but could not go further after this. He said that due to not being agreed between the states, many projects have not been completed even after approval. Due to this, 20 years and 25 years have had to be deprived of water. In such a situation, there was an agreement between the states, this is an attempt.

The Union Minister said that there is no shortage of water in Himalayas basin but lack of water planning. He said that his emphasis is on furthering cleanliness in its tributaries, including Ganges, and Yamuna is important in it. Work on Yamuna in 12 projects is going on in Delhi.
Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Conservation, Gadkari, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath of Uttar Pradesh, Vasundhara Raje of Rajasthan, Trivenendra Singh Rawat of Uttarakhand, Manohar of Haryana for the construction of Lakhwad Multipurpose Project costing Rs. 3966.51 crore in Upper Yamuna Basin area. Lal, Jairam Thakur of Himachal Pradesh and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today Signed the memorandum of understanding.

The dam will be built in Uttarakhand
Under Lakhwad project, a dam of 204 meter high concrete on Yamuna river is to be built near Lohari village of Dehradun district in Uttarakhand. The water storage capacity of the dam will be 330.66 MCM. This will allow 33,780 hectares of land to be irrigated. Apart from this, 78.83 MCM of water will be provided for domestic and industrial use and drinking in six states of Yamuna basin area. The project will produce 300 MW of electricity. The project will be undertaken by Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited.

Production of electricity will be at a cost of Rs 3966.51 crore
According to the information received from the Ministry, the Uttarakhand Government will bear the expenditure of Rs. 1388.28 crores on the cost of Rs. 3966.51 crores coming to the project. After completion of the project, Uttarakhand will get the full benefit of ready electricity. The Central Government will bear 90 per cent (Rs 2320.41 crore) of the total irrigation and drinking water system portion of the project related to the total amount of 2578.23 crore whereas the remaining 10 per cent of the expenditure will be shared between six states.

Which contribution will the state give?
In this, Haryana will get Rs 123.29 crore, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand each State Rs 86.75 crore, Rajasthan Rs 24.08 crore, Delhi Rs 15.58 crore and Himachal Pradesh Rs 8.13 crore. The distribution of water stored under Lakhwad Project is in line with the arrangements for the MoU signed between the six states of the Yamuna basin area on May 12, 1994. Lakhwad dam reservoir will be regulated through UYRB

In addition to the Lakhwad Multipurpose Project, Kisau and Renukaji projects have to be constructed in Upper Yamuna area. Under the Kisau project, a dam of 236 meters high in Dehradun district will be built on the tributary of River Yamuna. At the same time, a 148-meter high dam will be constructed in the Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh on the river Ganges, a subsidiary of Yamuna, under the renovation project.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp

यह भी पढ़े ..

ट्रेंडिंग न्यूज़ ..

Add New Playlist