28 Aug : News Express 24 :-
PV Sindhu is ready for the biggest match of the 18th Asian Games. For the gold medal match, Sindhu will face world number one player Tai Juhing of Chinese Taipei. In this match, victory or defeat of Sindhu will make history. This match is likely to start at 11.40 hours a day, according to Indian time. No Indian male or female badminton player could reach the finals till the Asiad badminton history.
Saina Nehwal won the women’s singles semi-finals for India this year as the bronze medalist. If Sindhu wins this match, then she will make history of being the first Indian badminton player to win a gold medal. Even if Sindhu fails in the final match, he will be the first Indian badminton player to win a silver medal in Asian Games.
Whenever there are medals in Asian Games-
1. Female singles: Bronze medal: Saina Nehwal in 2018 (Jakarta)
2. Male singles: Bronze medal – Syed Modi in 1982 (Delhi)
3. Male doubles: Bronze medal – pair of Leroy and Pradeep Gandhe in 1982 (Delhi)
4. Men’s Team: Bronze Medal – In 1974 (Tehran)
5. Men’s Team: Bronze Medal – In 1982 (Delhi)
6. Men’s Team: Bronze Medal – 1986 (Seoul)
7. Women’s Team: Bronze Medal – 1982 (Delhi)
8. Women’s Team: Bronze Medal – 2014 (Incheon)
9. Mixed Doubles (Leroy and Kanwal Thakar Singh) – Bronze Medal – 1982 (Delhi)
The whole country is waiting for Mahamukabale between Indus and Tai Juniing. Although the Indian player’s way will not be easy. They have lost the last five matches against world number-1 Tai Yu Ying. Ying has a record of 9-3 against Sindhu.